Nexenta has aligned with recognized leaders in the digital and direct marketing industry and hopes to influence how practices are shaped in the future. Please contact us at privacy@Nexenta.com to learn more.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you are on one of the Nexenta partner websites, Nexenta collects certain Non-Personally Indentifiable Information (PII), including but not limited to your browser type and your operating system. In addition, the sites in the network collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the websites, the ads that were on pages you visited, and other click-stream data, none of which includes personal information about you. Finally, Nexenta may collect Non-PII about your IP address, such as where your computer is located or what domain it is using to access the internet.
How Nexenta Uses and Protects Your Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse the Nexenta site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following information:
- email address, physical contact information, and, depending on the requirements of the service used financial information, such as credit card or payment methods;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (including but not limited to purchases you make, purchase content, and searches conducted, as related to your account activity);
- billing and other information you provide to access our site and/or content;
- correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, ad data and other information, including IP addresses and standard Web log information; and supplemental information from third parties.
We don't sell or rent the personal information we collect from your using our Site to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize the services provided to you. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply "unsubscribe" located at the end of all marketing communication.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with an efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolves disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- share service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
- we may disclose personal information as required to respond to legal matters, enforce our policies, or protect individual rights, property, or safety;
- to employees and agents of Nexenta in order to help detect and prevent prohibited or illegal acts;
- to service providers under contract who help with our business operations;
- to other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information;
- to those serving apparently valid subpoenas;
- to other business entities, should we plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy we will not otherwise disclose your personal information except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
A few important things you should know about cookies:
- most cookies are "session cookies" meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- you to enter your password less frequently during your use of the Site;
- us to provide information that is targeted to your interests;
- us to promote and enforce trust and safety;
- us to measure promotional effectiveness;
- us to analyze our Web page flow.
You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site, and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently while using the Site.
When you are on one of the Nexenta partner websites, we do not collect cookies nor use them for ad serving.
Your password is the key to your account. We recommend the use of unique numbers, letters, and special characters in combination and that you not disclose your Demandbase password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with applicable law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions permitted by law with respect to the account maintenance and management.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use certain tools (including but not limited to encryption, passwords, and physical security) to protect you personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
In order to protect yourself from third parties unlawfully seeking your personal information through email that appears to be from Nexenta, you should never provide any personal information directly in response to an email you believe you have received from us. Rather, you should always close any such email, open your browser, log directly in to the Nexenta Site and change, update or modify and such personal information only using our Site. In the event that you believe that you have received a request for personal information in an email message that is made to appear that it was sent by us, please inform us immediately.