Multi-Service Scale-Out Storage Software at Any Scale.
NexentaEdge is specifically designed from the ground-up to deliver the performance, data integrity and storage functionality required for primary storage applications and virtual machines.
It is powered by advanced data reduction technologies, including cluster-wide inline deduplication, compression and Quick Erasure Coding (Quick EC). Quick EC technology reduces the storage overhead required to maintain the redundancy of data across servers, without affecting read or write performance. In addition, NexentaEdge is fully integrated with Docker Datacenter deployments and enables users to seamlessly deploy storage and application services as containers across servers.
- Multi-service scale-out platform delivering iSCSI block, NFS file and S3 and Swift object services
- Simple to manage web-based GUI for daily management and service provisioning
- Quick Erasure Coding technology, manages both active and cold object archives with speed and high storage efficiency
- Superior data protection with cluster-wide inline deduplication, compression and unlimited snapshots/clones
- Scale-out platform for Docker Container-Converged infrastructure with seamless integration with Docker Universal Control Plane for single pane of glass management of containerized applications
- High performance, all-flash deployment profiles with support for SSD SATA, SAS and NVMe-based storage SSDs
- Shared namespace between File and Object Storage
What is Quick Erasure Coding (QEC)?
NexentaEdge’s Quick Erasure Coding (Quick EC) technology reduces the storage overhead required to maintain the redundancy of data across servers, without affecting read or write performance. Quick EC eliminates the performance penalty usually associated with accessing objects in traditional erasure coded solutions and is especially beneficial, for large capacity S3 object clusters.
- Designed for efficient storage of cold data without compromising on performance
- Encoding is done in the background using post-processing tasks
- Innovative approach avoids read penalty of traditional erasure coding