Over 90% of companies have virtualized elements of their environment. They’re driven by a desire for greater efficiency, improved delivery of business services and the support requirements a high-performance, cloud-enabled workforce. Organizations that choose Software Defined Storage solutions that enable simple, flexible, effective cloud infrastructures will gain the greatest benefits.
Legacy storage solutions are designed to present a fairly sequential load and a read / write ratio of about 80/20. The modern datacenter requires a flexible storage environment for combining applications, mobility solutions and virtual desktop infrastructures. Data patterns can shift from sequential to random, with read / write ratios of 50/50 or worse. Performance degrades, costs rise, and businesses suffer.
Nexenta’s offerings effectively counter the high cost, poor performance, and high management complexity of traditional storage through the use of enhanced caching to reduce latency and increase write I/O capabilities for all the datacenter workloads. To meet the increasing demand for scaling storage capacity and I/O performance, NexentaConnect utilizes the same file-system capabilities as NexentaStor in a virtualized environment, providing for simplified deployments, lower total costs, and performance metrics.
Nexenta overcomes the limitations of conventional legacy VDI storage solutions through:
- Enhanced caching algorithms
- Dramatically minimizing random IOPS
- Buffering write operations
- Managing initial log-on boot storm issues through separate SSD caching of read / write operations
- Accelerating desktop pool deployment
- Inline compression of data
- Enhanced VMware storage integration
- Unlimited cloning capabilities
- Business Continuity
- Integrated local and remote snapshots
- Remote replication for full disaster recovery solutions of desktops and user data
NexentaStor makes the perfect storage platform for server virtualization supporting the most popular hypervisors. NexentaStor provides a platform for virtualizing critical applications without concern for performance, reliability, or scalability.
- Application Integrity: True end to end data integrity through the use of the most robust and fault tolerant file system on the market today along with copy on write and checksum ensures highest level of reliability and data integrity.
- Manageability: Unified storage presentation allows for NexentaStor to provide both file and block presentation to the hypervisor of your choice.
- Scalability: Easily scale performance seperate from capacity through the use of a hybrid filesystem approach, giving seperate read and write caching capabilities.
- Business Continuity: Integrated solutions for replication between disparate locations as well as unlimited on and off site snapshots and clones.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Utilizing the same commodity hardware as the hyperviosr in many cases results in lower cost, along with a filesystem designed to utilize high cost for high performance and low cost for large capacity.